Ahhhh, the crisp fall air!
The smells and sounds of crunchy leaves on the ground! You know what that means?
Autumn is in full swing, with Small Business Saturday just around the corner!
We’re rallying around small businesses in the greater Denver/Boulder area in an effort to get consumers to think about where they spend their hard-earned money. When you keep your money in your community, great things happen:
- You support a local business that provides jobs and opportunities to people right here, maybe even your neighbors!
- Your money and tax dollars stay in the community in which you live and work
- Your support of those businesses adds to help and sponsorships they are likely to provide for organizations like schools and organizations that provide services for citizens in the community
We’re thrilled to serve once again as a Neighborhood Champion for Small Business Saturday and help increase awareness of, (1) the awesome economic impact shopping small can make in your community, and, (2) the incredible variety of great local businesses that have emerged right in your backyard!
What is a Neighborhood Champion, You Ask?
It means we sign up and let the Small Business Saturday folks that we are eager to support the Shop Small initiative, and that we’re happy to hand out all the goodies they send us to help our local businesses encourage shoppers to spend their dollars locally, with small businesses right in their community.
Local Entrepreneurs in the Spotlight
During this last year, we’ve taken things a bit further, and featured a running series of blog articles (Strong Brewed Business Insight) that highlighted local businesses. These spotlight pieces give you an insider’s view of different aspects of these small businesses, and for the entrepreneurial readers in the audience, each edition has provided little golden nuggets of small business wisdom and inspiration.
From November 2014 to October 2015, we wrote 18 articles that help you get more familiar with some of the Colorado businesses that make up our rich, vibrant business community in and around the Denver/Boulder metro.
Spread the Joy by Spreading the Love
Ahead of the start of this year’s Small Business Saturday, which is taking place on November 28th, take a few moments to learn and read up about some of the awesome businesses in your community. When you start putting a story with the business, it’s easy to want to help get the word out about them, so…
Next, look at the ideas we’ve noted for ways to support them, not just with your shopping, but your actions:
- let others know about them; telling others or sharing their story helps bring business in their place!
- stop by and visit them to introduce yourself and make a local connection and new friend
- follow their social media channels
- share their Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest or other channels with people you know
- subscribe to their newsletter
- read and/or subscribe to their blog
- tell them you read about their story and it inspired you!
- tell them how much you appreciate them being part of the fabric of our community!
- and if you’re inclined, let us know you supported them! We always love a great follow up story!
So here’s the list of businesses we wrote about over the last 12 months!
The Picture Booth
Momentum in Boulder
Standard Bike Repair in Boulder
I Love Colorado Beer
Blue Ribbon Farm
La Momo Maes
The Walnut Gallery
Old Town Outfitters
Nothing Bundt Cakes
Gifted Hands Gallery
Curating the Cool
Little Horse Books & Vintage
Oh, and one final note…
If you’re looking for businesses that are participating in Small Business Saturday, go here and put in your zip code; a bunch of local businesses will come up, and some other new you’ve maybe never heard of! Want to know who all the Neighborhood Champions are in your state? This is the place to go!
Please share your comments here or on our social media channels; we’d love to have your help in spreading the love of #shopsmall!